Tonight when I come home, darling…
we’ll switch off everything, save the darkness…
Two glasses of red wine,
your glowing eyes and mine,
will go searching in the skies..
For stars in disguise..
Then we’ll talk about the passing of life…
and how everything fits in perfectly fine…
Two more glasses of red wine,
your embrace and mine…
and we’ll beautify the skies..
With the stars in our eyes..
I rode to work in a vintage Indian chariot today.
Or at least, that’s how royal I felt in the cab.
The old cabbie was no extraordinary driver, the cab wasn’t a luxurious sedan, nor was the weather any better than yesterday. Continue reading “And the roots danced..”
I got my first sneak peak into the Zen philosophy yesterday; just a soup in the food for thought.
And it was disturbing. And then marvelous.
Disturbing, because it is most inconvenient to fathom that all you are, and all everybody around you is, is mind-body – the co-existence of certain hardware and certain software.
Marvelous, because thankfully Continue reading “Find yourself at home…”
– If you were to wake up tomorrow with only the things you were grateful for, would you be satisfied?
– If money didn’t exist, would you still be doing what you do for a living?
– If every word you said would get inscribed on your skin, what words would you speak?
– They say that it’s likely that at least one person thinks of you every night before going to bed. Do you know who that could be in your life? Do they feel loved in return?
– What if, with all the good and bad stuff that makes your life right now, life is just as good as it gets? What if you wake up every day for the rest of your life living today over again?
“What do you want for your birthday?”
I was asked.
“A nice day!” I underplayed.
I love surprises. A midnight birthday cake-cutting, some nice little surprises here and there…
But that’s not how it’s going to be every year, I know.
So this time, I said, “I want a nice day! I’m going to buy myself something new, get out into the city, buy me some flowers and do something nice!”
I did buy myself something new. I got a few lovely gifts from my folks, too. I went out with my best friend aka my hubby for a playful afternoon, a long walk and some awesome burgers…and spent dinner-time with my family. (And of course, hubby bought me a box of chocolates and a rose with pretty purple flowers around it.)
I did, have a nice day! 🙂 And the after-glow is going to last a while…
Turns out we don’t remember a lot of stuff. Even stuff that we thought we would never forget.
Things like nicknames, or days we thought were historic in our lives, or the lame jokes we shared in college, or the best hangouts ever.
Things that once used to be ‘our thing’s.
Well, we do have a few things that connect us to our past – pictures, videos, journal writings, poems, music, people…
Look around you, and everything you have has a story behind it. Continue reading “What you don’t remember”