You know, sometimes, when you just can’t think of what to write, and then you fish for stuff to write from your thought archive, and if you don’t, you feel utterly restlessly? No? Oh, sorry, you mustn’t be a writer then. I envy you sometimes.
Well, as some great thinker never said, you either write something worth reading, or you crumple the pages and find something worth reading. I’m doing the latter today.
And while you’ve been kind enough to still continue reading this post, I’m leaving you with my favourite lines from someone who’s lines are worth reading. And grinning upon. And sometimes rolling on the floor laughing about.
Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting my favourite lines of the eccentric man with thick spectacles, a receding hairline and a cracking sense of wit. Woody Allen.
– I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work… I want to achieve it through not dying.
– Basically my wife was immature. I’d be at home in the bath and she’d come in and sink myboats.
– I am two with nature.
– I failed to make the chess team because of my height.
– Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
– If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.
– To you I’m an atheist; to God, I’m the Loyal Opposition!